During these unprecedented times, I wanted to reach out to you personally to describe what we are doing to maintain a reasonable level of service for you, in light of the Coronavirus outbreak. I have long said our employees and residents are all part of the Tricon Family. At this time, while most Americans are being asked to stay at home, I foresee our family working together more than ever, as your home is the central place to stay safe and healthy. To help mitigate the potential spread of the virus, we have implemented the following steps to continue to provide as much uninterrupted service as practical, while protecting you and our employees:
- Maintenance service requests may continue to be submitted online via the online portal or by calling resident services at 855.676.1680. Following your submission, you will receive an email or phone call requesting information regarding your travel history and health conditions associated with Coronavirus. Once your answers have been received, we will prioritize our response proportionate to the urgency of the service request. Emergency situations will be given top priority, substantive work orders will be responded to next and maintenance requests meant to address minor inconveniences may be attended to once operating conditions return to normal.
- You may notice that our maintenance associates coming to your home will be wearing disposable gloves and eye protection. We’ve also asked them to consider wearing protective masks. These protective measures are for the health and safety of both our employees and your family.
- All maintenance technicians entering your home will not have traveled out of the country for over 30 days and will not have experienced any flu symptoms in the last 14 days. They will also not have been around other people with visible symptoms. Please note that in some cases we may need use outside vendor specialists. They have all been asked to adhere to our same health and safety standards.
- We communicate frequently with our employees to keep them informed of updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies. For example, we have asked our employees to keep a separation of six feet between themselves and anyone in your household for your and their protection.
- We continually reinforce the importance of proper hygiene and frequent hand washing.
Remember, the best preventative strategy to reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others is to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissue then immediately discard any tissues.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or believe you have been exposed to Coronavirus, you should immediately contact your health provider and local health authorities.
We encourage you to visit the CDC website, which includes updates and important tips on how you can protect yourself and your family: cdc.gov
During this challenging time, we ask for your patience. Many of our employees have children who are home from school and are facing the same type of obstacles as our residents. We are in this together.
We also understand that this crisis has created uncertainty and instability. We are committed to working with you and be assured Tricon American Homes’ top priority is to maintain the safest possible environment for our residents and our employees.
As always, thank you for your support and residency.